Monday, March 24, 2014

The Blemish Buster


It's not often that you come across a product that changes your life. It's even less often that someone like me, with skin more sensitive than Ryan Gosling and more temperamental than a terrible two year-old, finds such a product. Well, let me tell you a little somethin' somethin' about Acne Treatment Nighttime from Malin + Goetz.

At bedtime, simply dip a Q-tip all the way to the bottom of the little jar, tap off the excess alcohol, and dab sparingly on your "problem areas" (I hate that expression.) Basically, cover up anything you don't like the looks of with this stuff. In the morning, run excitedly to the mirror (okay, that part is optional) and wash off the cream, which should have since dried to a powdery consistency that may have even flaked off in the night. Et voilĂ ! Whatever the offense(s), you should see enough improvement to lift your spirits and face the day.

The best part? Well, truly, there are three. For starters, this stuff doesn't hurt--it doesn't make sensitive skin retreat into itself like a tortoise, or flake off in scales like a crocodile's. That's because this relies on sulfur rather than something harsher, like the salicylic acid or benzoyl peroxide found in many drugstore zit zappers. Now, even though sulfur is more gentle, boy, does it work. That brings me to the second "best" bit: if your pimple sense is tingling, you can slap on a dot or two of this stuff as a preventative measure. I'm speaking from experience here.

Finally, though half an ounce of the stuff will set you back $22, one jar should keep your blemishes at bay for a good six months--at least, that's how long my first one lasted me, and my second. The one pictured above is my third repurchase. Should I start naming them?

You can find Acne Treatment Nighttime wherever Malin + Goetz is sold, including in their adorable shops all around the world. I purchase mine from Space.NK. It's worth noting that I haven't tried a Malin + Goetz product that I haven't liked, and I love their minimalist-but-colorful packaging. Almost everything smells yummy, too--definitely check out Dark Rum range!

Katy xx

No comments :

Post a Comment